Friday, June 10, 2016

Friday

This morning when I let Budger outside, he was very interested in something behind the RV.  I finally went to check out what it was, and found him pawing at the ground, and alternately jumping at/jumping away from something.  Uh-oh... Last time I saw him doing that, it was a snake!  I finally managed to see that it was this tiny turtle, about 4 inches long. About that time, Budger decided the turtle would make a good snack, and picked it up in his mouth.  I got him to drop it... Eventually.  Budger was not happy about it though!  I left the little guy on the ground, and checked about 10 minutes later, and he had skedaddled away from there!
Brad got our "new" coffee maker installed.  We can't get a brand new one, because they don't make these under-the-cabinet models anymore... I don't know why!  But he found our first one and this one from eBay.  This one actually looks better than the first one did, pretty much like brand new.  The first one we've been limping along with for a few weeks.  It decided it didn't like making more than one pot in any 12 hour period.  So we had been making a pot in the evening, and microwaving it in the morning, and then making up a new pot after that.  We weren't staying put anyplace long enough to have the new one mailed to us, so we had it sent here to Sean's.  It'll be good to be able to make 2 fresh pots of coffee in the mornings again!
Sean worked on getting the gate finished today... It's the last piece that needs to be done before Boris can be set free in the yard.
And done!  The whole back yard looks really great!
Brad worked on doing some wiring so we can use our air conditioner out in the RV. He put in quite a bit of time on it today.
While the guys were working, I ran in to town to mail a letter and run by the grocery store.  While I was in town, Brad called, and needed a certain doo-hickey-thing-a-ma-jig from the hardware store.  I've been through this dance before, so I drove to the hardware store, walked up to the counter, and said, "I just came in for groceries... My husband needs something from here... Here he is on the phone."  Got exactly what he needed.  Saved a lot of time that way!

Kara had to work today, so everyone is about ready for some relaxation now!





No comments:

Post a Comment