Tuesday, September 8, 2015

23 days to go!

We spent the day Monday clearing some things out that we had stored in the basement... An old furnace, and old clothes dryer, some Mason jars, and various other assorted things.  Today, I had my last league golf day.  I was sure we were going to be rained out, but we just got it in before the rain started up again!  We had a really nice banquet afterwards.  I've really enjoyed golfing with these ladies, and am going to miss it!

While I was golfing, Brad was taking care of some business things... setting up an appointment with the lawyer for closing, scanning and e-mailing him the papers we signed this weekend, selling some more farm equipment from out in the barn...

When I got home, I decided to try a closet trick I've read about.  My closet is plenty big for everything I wanted to bring, but I know I still have things in there that I don't really wear.  So I took each hanger in there and hung it up backwards, like someone hung things from behind the hanger bar.  As I wear each thing in there, I'll hang the hanger the correct way.  At the end of this first year, anything still hanging backwards gets donated.  I've thought about doing this while we were still in our house, but just never got around to it.  This will help me get a few more things cleared out, because, while the closet is big, it's also a good place to stick other odd things, like the container with extra bedding and pillows, and the broom and hand-vac, since what the previous owners were using for a coat/utility closet has become our laundry/Brad closet.

Tomorrow is Brad's league golf day, so I will have to find some little jobs I can do while he's gone.  Getting the car completely ready to sell is the next big thing.  We were going to list it today, but I didn't want people calling about it and coming out to look at it while he was golfing... I know they'll ask questions I can't answer!


No comments:

Post a Comment