Tuesday, November 29, 2016

A Bit of Excitement

Well, we took the plunge and bought a house.  Hope to be in it by Christmas.  Now to replace everything we sold or gave away a year and a half ago!!  Actually, not everything, because we got rid of a lot of boxes of nothing!!!  It would be good to not clutter things up with useless stuff again!

Now that we've actually walked through the house and gotten the sizes of the rooms in our heads, we have started acting on some good deals from the local buy, sell, and trade sites.  We don't need to fill every single room at this point, but a couch and a couple of chairs, kitchen table, and a bed would be nice.

We found a super cool kitchen table and two chairs for a great price yesterday, and when we went to pick it up, the gal said, "I forgot to mention that there is a bench that goes with it too... want it as well?"  So we got that.  Brad also picked up some tools from a guy sorting through his dad's things, and we have a headboard to go look at later.  A good start!
Plus a leaf extension.

We stopped at a place called Bricktown Brewery for lunch.  Brad got the turkey pot pie, which was amazing looking, and I found a pizza with spinach, artichokes, chicken... and no tomato sauce!  It came with an amazing honey-pepper dipping sauce for the crust.  We'll be going back, for sure!!

Last night was my first visit to my new (sort of) dialysis clinic.  I say "sort of" because my "regular" facility is being remodeled, and for the time being, I have to go to another town where they are doubling up on patients, and running a longer schedule each day.  By the first of the year, the remodeled (closer) location should be opened again.

I met my new kidney doctor last night when he made his rounds.  We talked through my brief history, and he's going to check out my records that Dr Biswas sent from Arizona, and get me scheduled for a kidney biopsy as soon as possible to check out how things are.  This will help us see if there's any chance of kidney function returning.  I told him, whatever the answer is, it will be good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment