Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Random pics from here and there today

Another good day today.  It was nice to get in and out of dialysis a couple hours early.

There are some really sweet people who work there.  I'm going to miss them.  One RN, Jackie, took care of me with my dialysis at the hospital a lot.  And at the hospital, she didn't wander around taking care of lots of people like she does at the clinic... she had to stick pretty much right by me and take notes from the machine every 10 minutes or so.  I guess the ones at the clinic do that for them, plus there are lots more people there.

Anyway, when you sit with someone 3 hours a day, 3-4 days a week, you do a lot of chatting.  We had talked about some of the places Brad and I had traveled, and my love for finding seashells, so she brought this shell to me at the clinic.  It is from a beach in Japan!

Then the receptionist at the clinic heard about that, so she brought all of these to me, that she gathered  from a beach in Mexico!

I finally got out my fall decorations today.  Usually I'd get everything out at the beginning of October, and leave them out until Thanksgiving, but we were a little preoccupied earlier in October!  Better late than never, I guess!  These make a cute arrangement!

We set out for our short evening walk, before setting up the grill for dinner, and spied this rainbow.  It's so big, I couldn't get the whole thing!  The rain at this point is off in the distance, but it is moving toward us... this may be the first rain we've had since we've been here... if it makes it.  We decided to scrap the cookout plans and have leftover pork steaks from last night.
Just listening to the last game of the World Series tonight, and reading comments about the CMAs.  I'm hoping to catch some good clips on Facebook tomorrow, since we don't get the channel they're on.


No comments:

Post a Comment