Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Monday-Tuesday

Monday morning Brad and I made a run into Alpena to pick up a few supplies, and then joined friends at the Winslows for snacks and shuffleboard.  We finished off the night at White Pine/The Roadhouse for burgers and trivia.  Brad ordered up a Quintuple stack from Judi, and she delivered!
We also came out victorious at trivia!  It's the last night Brad and I get to participate, since we'll begin our travels west next Monday morning, so it was good to get the win.

Today was girls' day at golf league, and then we had Dick and Marilyn over for dinner for his dad's birthday.  Brad smoked up a couple of pork roasts for the birthday boy.
So yummy!  I added a dry rub to one of the roasts, and let the other one just soak up all the yummy hickory smoke.  Both were really good!

We got Dick a lighthouse to put out on his dock, or by the seawall, to be sure they find their way home when out on the lake at night.
This was Dick's birthday cake... Brad made me write this on it....
Marilyn gave me this wine glass, just because she's awesome.  I've seen these on the Hubbard Lake page, and have secretly been wanting one.  She read my mind!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment