Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Tuesday Golf, Beach, Roast-smoking

This morning was ladies' golf league again.  Mary Jane and I ended up just golfing in a twosome, which was fun.  I was doing all right, nothing great, although I was finally putting good again... Ended up with 13 putts on 9 holes... Pretty sure that was a record for me, and would have won the putting pot if I was an actual member of the league still, and not a drop-in guest.  I had messed up on the first two par-3's, and on the 3rd one, I hit it straight into the bunker beside the green.  Rats!  But then, somehow, I chipped it right out of the sand, and it rolled right into the hole!!  So a chip-in from the sand, and my first ever birdie to boot!!  Very exciting!!
After golf, Brad and I, and Mary Jane and Steve, and Budger went to the beach on Lake Huron.  It was supposed to be low-90's today, but I'm not sure if it actually hit that with the unexpected cloud cover, but it felt really nice sitting beside the lake with our toes in the water.

Budger thought Mary Jane and Steve might need help with their sandwiches.
Such a peaceful view!
We enjoyed watching the kayakers, paddle-boarder, and boaters out in the water.
Brad is smoking up a couple of pork.roasts for dinner.  I love when he does that, because the hickory smells coming inside are amazing!

In progress:
And done!
And Mary Jane and Steve shared this amazing apple pie with us!
You can always count on Bo to find a new bag or box...
A fun day!









No comments:

Post a Comment