Monday, July 4, 2016

Saturday-Sunday-Monday

Lots of holiday activities around here for the 4th of July weekend.  Saturday we went over to Dick and Marilyn's to enjoy the lake view and visit with Natalie and Larry, who are up for their annual golf outing.  I though all us girls looked pretty festive!
The guys were really relaxed.
Our calming lake view
There were fireworks from the shore, viewable from your boat out in the middle of the lake.  Brad and I decided to skip that part, and play cards with Mary Jane and Steve after burgers and wings at the Eagles, while we made sure Budger and Missy weren't bothered by all the noise.  I don't think Budger minded the fireworks.  He made himself at home, curling up and snoring in one of the bedrooms.

Sunday we drove down to Gladwin to the Murphy family get-together.  It was a beautiful day for sitting outside and watching the kids run around and catch the yummy smells coming from the grill.  Fajitas with homemade tortillas were on the menu... Yum!
Brad took a ride in this awesome vehicle!
This is how Budger decided to "relax" for most of the ride down there.  Goofy dog!

Today (Monday) Brad golfed with his dad, uncle, and cousin, while I relaxed with the critters here at the RV.  I met them all over at Dick and Marilyn's this afternoon.  The boys had caught a bunch of crawdads that were being cooked up when I arrived.
I said my usual "no thanks" when offered some, but after Jasmine took the time to peel a bunch, I decided to give it a try... Tasted a bit like crab, actually.  I don't know that I'll ever order it still, but it was pretty good.
There was also a mess of corn, and some yummy burgers.
We finished up the evening playing trivia with Rod and Jasmine and a couple of the boys. The young guys came up with some pretty good answers!  A fun day all the way around!















No comments:

Post a Comment