Saturday, October 8, 2016

2 Steps Forward, 1Step Back

Things are progressing, just not as fast as everyone would like.  I had my third dialysis today, and tomorrow is a day off.  I'll have another on Monday, and then most likely will be released to continue an every-other-day out patient treatment.  It will be nice to be back at our "home" at least, but I'll need to be on a pretty strict diet.  They have been good about filling me in on what the no-no's are.  The most painful are tomato products (sauce, ketchup, etc), potatoes (no fries!!) and most dairy products, like cheese.  Sounds like spaghetti and pizza are gone.  Boo!!  Eating lots of protein is good, so yay for meat!

We really are just taking things day to day.  They keep trying to figure out why this happened, and have ruled out a lot, but haven't found the reason.

In the meantime, I have a lovely view, and the meals here are wonderful.
Dinner last night was salmon, carrots, cucumbers, and orange sherbet.
Breakfast this morning...scrambled eggs, fresh pineapple, cranberry juice, and coffee.
And lunch/dinner tonight: Hamburger, tossed salad, and angel food cake.  All were really good.




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the Atkins diet!
    That's a bit extreme measures to take, Janine, to get room service! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! It is a bit like room service. I have a menu I can choose from, and they bring it to me on a cute covered plate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paleo eating makes me feel the best but I thought too much protein was a no no with kidney problems?

    ReplyDelete