Sunday, October 23, 2016

Another Good Day

Even though I didn't sleep much last night, I got up feeling pretty good again.  I went with Brad while he walked Budger.  I have a suspicion they usually walk farther on their own, but it was still nice and cool then, so it felt good.  A shower felt good too.  It's quite the process, taking a shower while making sure to keep the catheter area dry, but Glad Press n Seal has become my best friend.

This weekend has been Helldorado Days in Tombstone.  It's a celebration that has taken place in Tombstone since 1929.  It's the reason all the RV parks around here have been packed this weekend.  When we had our unexpected need for an extension staying here, it was initially a bit of a problem.  Our spot was already booked, because we were supposed to have left early last week.  We were going to have to move to a different spot for the weekend, and then another one after the weekend.  Through somebody's magic (and playing on people's sympathies, I'm thinking) the owners here came and told us last week we didn't have to move, this was our spot for as long as we needed to stay.  Almost made me cry.  We like this spot because it's farthest from the road, and we get a beautiful sunset out our back window every night, and it would just be a pain to close up everything and move maybe 50 feet, and then do it again in a couple of days.

Anyway, this morning was a parade, and that sounded like some fun entertainment that didn't require much energy.  Brad let me out on the parade street, and he parked and brought my folding chair.  It was a LONG parade, lasting an hour.  It was nice sitting out in the sun, and like most parades, there was plenty of candy tossed, and that's always fun seeing kids dashing to pick it up.  I even got a couple of tiny Skittles packages.  Brad took care of the Tootsie Rolls for me.  Afterwards, I felt like I could walk back to the truck, so I got in over a half mile today!

A few pics from the parade:
We came back home after the parade, had some lunch, and then I crashed on the couch for a long, hard nap, one of those that takes 15 minutes to completely wake up from.  Felt good!

We're meeting Bruce and Roberta in town for dinner at one of the fun local establishments.  It's been nice to have several good days strung together.  I have a feeling (actually, the doctor told me) that while taking the steroids is my best chance at getting things to work correctly again, they come with not-so-fun side effects, so I'm cherishing these good days while they last!




































2 comments:

  1. Wow, that was a fun parade. Loved the miniature vehicles, especially the little blue car with big fat man! Saw the kiddies picking up,sweets. Had the stretch of road been strewn with dirt for the occasion, I wonder?
    That was very accommodating, literally, of the RV park owners. Compassion is alive and well and living in Tombstone.
    you're doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the miniature cars too! When I was little bitty, my dad drive one in a parade, and my sister and I each got to ride half the parade with him.

    The road actually was strewn with dirt and gravel before this weekend, to get in the "mood" of things, I guess. It is a paved road, and Brad saw them covering it with gravel.

    That particular road is always closed off to vehicle traffic. It's where all kinds of characters are constantly roaming the street.

    ReplyDelete