Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Some Answers

Well, we have a few answers this morning, and things are sounding pretty positive.

I have an autoimmune disease that went a little wacko on my kidneys.  It started out attacking some other minor infection, and decided to hang around and have a party, I guess.  It can be treated with steroids, but they first need to make sure I'm not bleeding in my stomach or anywhere.  They are doing a scope today to check for that... I am losing blood somehow, somewhere, so they just have to be sure there's no ulcers or tears, and then steroids can be started.

Dialysis will continue for now, but there is a very high likelihood that that is temporary.  For how long, no one knows, but most people with this kind of an attack come off dialysis.  I don't know if we're talking weeks or months right now.

This has been a very positive morning, aside from having to get a blood transfusion, but they are working on a solution for that too.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Where are you being treated? That is good detective work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in Sierra Vista AZ, right now. I tell you what, I have been a puzzle for them to solve here, but they are very determined.

      Delete