Wednesday, November 25, 2015

An awesome birthday!

Being on the road on special days can be challenging, but I had a really great birthday.  It started out with a phone call from my boy, and a birthday wish from his boy, sent by my awesome daughter-in-law.  The Bachelor boys, and their girls, treated me well.  A new purse:


It's good to have a future daughter-in-law who works for Kate Spade!

And a new tumbler with lid (perfect for the RV!) filled with all kinds of goodies, including a gift card.


And a red velvet cake, which we were too full to eat, after Brad and Seth took me out to eat at the Mexican restaurant.


We'll share it tomorrow at Thanksgiving dinner!

And the redneck did well too... New charms for my Pandora bracelet:

A 5th wheel camper...

A kayak:


And a tractor charm.

And this is mine and Seth's food at the Mexican restaurant... Oh my!


And I didn't pick up a paint brush once today... In fact, I didn't do much of anything, except take a nap.  A very good day!

I've gotten a couple of early presents, including another awesome purse from the in-laws, and the promise of other gifts from family when we see them in December, plus a multitude of wishes on Facebook today,  I'm very blessed!

I remember, growing up, we would hit the road on Thanksgiving weekend, bound for grandparents' houses in Oklahoma or Kansas, and thinking it was really awesome that everyone put on this fantastic meal of all my favorite things, and I got to see my grandparents, for my birthday (kind of like my niece, Kendall, who gets fireworks every year for her July 4th birthday).  It could seem like a downer for some people, I guess, but I've always felt lucky to have a holiday birthday, even if I ruined my parents' first attempt at hosting the family Thanksgiving dinner by arriving a little early!








1 comment: