Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Mexico Beach, Florida

We arrived at Rustic Sands Campground in Mexico Beach about 2:00 this afternoon.  It's a few blocks off of the beach, very woodsy and, well... Rustic.  Sandy roads throughout, but seems well kept.  No one was at the office when we arrived, but a list was left of the available sites, so we picked one that had the best location, and got things parked and hooked up, and then took off for the beach!

Our site:


We loved being backed up right to the water, with the sunset in our back window at Keaton Beach... But oh my goodness... The white squeaky sugar sand of the Florida Panhandle gets me every time!



Shells!!!


And what is it with me and sand dollars???  Last year I found one in Galveston, when people told me they'd never found one whole there... And I broke it right when we got back to the camper.  I found a sand dollar here today, in the first afternoon we were here!!!  I even took a few pictures of it at the beach:



And guess what?  It was broken by the time we got back the the RV.  Grrrr!!

We got some drinks beachside while we watched dolphins and the sunset.

If you look very carefully, you can see the two dolphins we were watching.




Dinner at Mango Marley's

Free "Jamaican Me Crazy" chips because Brad is a Veteran:


Brad had wings with Caribbean Jerk sauce


And I had Mahi Mahi with black beans and rice.


Both very yummy.  And then there was a live band playing there, so we listened for awhile, but then decided our critters had been alone long enough.













No comments:

Post a Comment