Monday, November 23, 2015

Good-byes are hard...

Today we had to say good-bye to my old buddy Hank.  He's been trying to tell us for awhile that it was time, but it took my heart and my head awhile to catch up.  He's been my baby since the summer of 2002.  He's been with me in Kansas, to Missouri, back to Kansas, up to Michigan, and on vacations to Galveston, Panama City Beach, and the beginning of this grand adventure.  He's been a good pal.

In better days, back in Michigan.

A couple of mornings ago, when I was trying to convince him to eat (excuse my fancy attire and lovely hairdo... I was ready to paint!)

This morning.  He's saying, "It's time.  I've had a nice long life, but I'm tired."

Rest in peace, good buddy.




3 comments:

  1. So very sorry Janine. ((((HUGS))) IfIOnlyCould

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwee-- rest in peace Hank. Eddie is about at that stage too I'm afraid. Thoughts are with you Janine.

    ReplyDelete