Monday, October 5, 2015

Easy Day!

It was so nice to get up this morning and not have to think about going through our "packing up" checklist!  We were just lazy, having our coffee... just like any normal day.  I even forgot about feeding Hank and Budger until about 9:30!  I wondered why they kept staring at me!

Brad went out to golf this morning, and I decided to wait for things to warm up and dry out a bit more.  I spent that time just doing normal "house" things... sweeping out the RV, which takes about 5 minutes!  Getting some laundry going, taking a shower.

We had lunch, and then headed back into Americus (about a 5-10 minute drive) to pick up some things we couldn't get last night.  Brad needed several things at Lowe's, and they were closed last night when we were in town, and I wanted some wine... but we're in Georgia, and you can't do that on Sunday, we discovered!  So we got all the gadgets Brad needed at Lowe's, and decided to explore the town a bit.  We saw this cool hotel... It's a Best Western now (called the Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel), but was originally built in 1892 to bring in winter visitors from the northeast.  FDR was there in 1928, to give a speech (I found all that info on Wikipedia).  I'd love to go check it out sometime!


We also found a Sonic!!  Yay for Diet Cherry Limeades!!

Once we got back "home" I realized what I had been trying to ignore... I'm coming down with a cold, I guess.  Sore throat, and chills.  So I stayed here and Brad went out to golf again.  I've got the fireplace going, and the heat blowing... Brad will probably think it's way too hot in here when he gets back, but it feels nice to me right now.

Things are starting to fill in around here.  I don't know if the people coming in this week are here for the music festival, or are the normal winter guests, but there's been quite a few new RV's pulling in today.  We met a couple of our "neighbors" today.  They have done the same thing we have... Sold everything and hit the road, although they're from just an hour or so up the road, and are about a week ahead of us in this fulltime RV life.  They gave us a couple of places to check out, that aren't necessarily on the beaten path.

There are two 9-hole courses here.  There used to be three, but one went right around all the RV campsites, and I guess that became a problem.  The guy in the Pro Shop told Brad that $3.00 golf balls didn't carry as much weight as some of the $500,000 RV's.  Now, ours is nowhere near that price, but there are some nice ones here, so that's understandable.  The now-empty fields give us a good place to walk the dogs, though!

I'm not sure what we're going to do tonight... We've been listening to baseball every night since I don't know when, and there's a day or two break from that till things get exciting again!  I guess we'll find out what's on TV!  We get several channels out of Atlanta here.

Oh yeah... GO ROYALS!!


This is kind of interesting... Brad was telling me about these very large holes along the golf course, with a flag in the middle like for golf, but the holes were really big.  We took the dogs for a walk along the course, and when we came upon one of those holes, I checked out the flag.  It said, "FootGolf" on it.  Well, I had to look that up when we got back.  It's a game played like golf, but with a soccer ball.  You start out in the tee box like in golf, but most holes are about half as long as they are in golf.  The players dress like golfers, but wear soccer shoes, and kick the ball.  I guess it's really picked up in popularity in some areas.  





2 comments:

  1. The foot golf sounds interesting! Never heard of that. Though I played on a Texas course that was so dry it had cracks in it and you'd lose balls down the cracks!
    Good you're settling down and playing house for a while, at least until you feel better. Interesting too to meet like - minded neighbours. You get good tips from old timers. While not necessarily being old! Just practised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we are more than happy to pick up hints from others. People give suggestions on good places to stay too. In fact, we found out about this place from a golfing buddy of Brad's up in Michigan.

      Delete