Friday, October 9, 2015

Local Flavor




Last night we went into Americus to try out a local restaurant.  It was called "The Station" and their specialty was their appetizer/side dish called fried cheese grits.  Well, I HAD to try that!  It was really yummy!  We got 2 of the wedges with jalapeƱos, and one without.  All were yummy!  It was served with marinara sauce... Would have been great with ranch dip too!





Brad got the coconut shrimp dinner special, which he said was okay, but nothing great, and I got the prime rib sub, which came with a horseradish sauce, along with some au jus.  My sandwich was really good, and I loved the horseradish sauce!

Yesterday I finally got out my fall decorations.  I could only fit a few in the holiday container (I kept many more Christmas things!) but out of the ones that fit, these were my favorites.  Anything else, I can make or buy again.  

I made 3 of these last year.  This one was my favorite.


I've had this guy for a long time!


These turkeys belonged to my Grandmother and Grandad Wyatt, and I always loved them.  They look best when filled with candy (I remember my grandmother keeping them filled with ribbon candy??) so we just HAD to pick up some Halloween candy the other day.  They just wouldn't look right otherwise!

The Bluegrass festival started here tonight.  Things have really filled in at the RV park!

Some of the sites are double-booked.  We're lucky that our row of sites are pretty tree-filled, so we don't have anyone else on our site.


This is kind of interesting.  This is on the site next to us.  It's a couple of college girls, living here for the semester.  Pretty smart, really.  It's $450 for a month on the site, and that includes water, electricity, and sewer.  Probably way cheaper than you could find anyplace else, if you have the RV.

Amanda Cook band


Larry Gillis band

Barbwire


Crosswire.  This was my favorite band.  They did some Led Zepplin and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

These bands all play tomorrow too, plus a couple more.























2 comments:

  1. A popular event. Was the pumpkin Mason jar lids? Love that you've taken holiday decos along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the outer rims. I made one with new rims, but this one with old used rims was my favorite.

      Delete