Sunday, August 14, 2016

Exploring on foot

This morning we walked a trail that went beside the Animas River, under a few of bridges, and around a park... About 2.5 miles in all.  Some cool artwork to see along the way.

This was painted on the bridge supports of one bridge.
Another bridge.
One more.
I guess this is a problem??
When leaving the RV park on our walk, I noticed this buffalo at the entrance.  I hadn't seen it before.
We realized quickly here that the times to walk are first thing in the morning, or later in the evening, because of how quickly the temps rise.  Sleeping at night with the windows open is great, and a throw blanket on the lap is needed early in the morning.

Our walk this morning is as far as we ventured out today.  I think we're going to explore the town of Aztec a little tomorrow.  We're both Olympics junkies, so the TV has kept us pretty entertained today, although we both napped during synchronized swimming!  Sorry to those athletes, but I just can't watch it.  My sister and I both tried it in high school, and I think we both about drowned from giggling too much.  We stuck to competitive swimming.










No comments:

Post a Comment