Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Resting day again

Not a lot going on here today.  We took the day off after a lot of driving yesterday.  We've still got a lot we want to do here, but we're here for a couple more weeks, so we've got time.

Brad and Budger went for a long walk this morning, but I took that time to just relax.

Brad wanted to smoke some chicken breasts for dinner tonight.  I prepared a marinade for them this morning... Didn't know how that would turn out, because we usually just let the meat soak up the hickory flavor when he smokes, or I'll just do a rub, but this turned out really well!  Nice and moist, and the flavor of the marinade and the hickory both came through.  It was a really big package of chicken breasts, so we've got lots of yummy leftovers!
This is the recipe I started with, but as usual, I was missing a couple of the ingredients, so I improvised on the missing things.
While Brad was sitting outside playing his guitar and tending the smoker, I decided it was a good time to pull the recliners out of their spots and clean under and around them.  We've had occasional spills of coffee or other drinks, and I'll clean what I can see, but when I pulled the chairs out, I found everything that was hidden!  Another reason I love that we got rid of the carpet and put in vinyl flooring... A quick sweep and a shot of the Swiffer mop, and everything was clean again.  I guess after almost a year, it was about time I did that.

We've got more exploring plans for tomorrow.  With no baseball for either of our teams, we may be a little lost!

Go ROYALS!!



1 comment: