Thursday, August 11, 2016

Royal Gorge

Today we went to Royal Gorge.  It is about 25 miles from our park.  I hadn't been there since high school, Brad since 8th grade, and Bruce and Roberta hadn't been since the fires.  I'm going to mostly post just the pictures... They pretty much speak for themselves.
Cable cars crossing the gorge.
Crossing the bridge!  We walked across, and took the cable car back.  We did NOT zip-line back.
Awwww.... Someone lost their Chiefs hat over the side!
The arKANSAS River.
WATCHING the zip-liners.
There is a flag for every state lining the bridge.  I decided to get a picture by the Kansas flag.
Catching the river through the bridge boards.
Can you see his profile?
Magician in the theater on the south side of the bridge.
Crossing back over on the cable car.
Bruce and Roberta
Our picnic lunch spot beside the gorge.
We drove back through CaƱon City, and the guys wanted to stop at the prison museum.
The house beside the prison, which I assume was once the warden's house.
Roberta and I strolled the Riverwalk while the guys were in the museum.
We went into Florence, Colorado, for dinner at Steele Smokin' BBQ... Very good.  Bruce and I got the dry rub ribs.  The rub had a very sweet, brown sugar base.  Very different from anything I've ever had, but very good.  Everyone was happy.
We take off again tomorrow... Bruce and Roberta headed north to Utah, and Brad and I headed to.... ???? Another new state!!!




























































No comments:

Post a Comment