Monday, January 4, 2016

First full Jamaica Beach day

We took a little walk around the park this morning to check out all the rigs here... We definitely don't have the smallest unit in the park like we did last year!  It's fun to see all the different types and ages of fifth wheels, class A's, class C's, and travel trailers.  It would be interesting to take a tour through everyone's.  

We took a 4-mile beach walk this afternoon with Budger.  He was so funny when Brad let him off his leash for a bit... He kept running up to us, like he was saying, "Look at meeeeeeeee!  I'm freeeeee!"  He also likes chasing the birds.  One of the things we like about Galveston is that you are welcome to walk your dogs on all the beaches.  You can't do that on most of the Florida beaches.  You're supposed to keep them leashed, but everyone lets their dogs run free for a bit.


We can be lazy, lazy, lazy in a lot of places... But when we get to the beach, we're ready to get back in the exercise mode... Which is good, because I've been pretty lazy this fall!

I saw my beach house again... It's right across from our park.  I think it needs to be mine.

This one is right next door, if any of our friends want to buy it.

No super-cool shells today, but I did pick up this "butterfly".

I could stare out at the water forever.

This is the view of our park, from the beach.

Somebody was busy today!

Brad ended up with a job today... Figure out why our washing machine suddenly quit working.  It worked fine a couple of days ago... He keeps thinking he'll get bored with this life on the road, but so far, little jobs keep springing up.


The only really important thing I'm doing this afternoon is getting my toes flip-flop ready.  I've ignored the pedicure since we've been in winter weather for a bit, but it'll be warm enough soon for barefoot walking!

I discovered today, as we sat down to lunch, that we actually do have a water view of the beach.... A very tiny sliver of water view, but a view, none-the-less.

We took a sunset walk on the beach with Budger.
And back at our RV.
Life is good.
























2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! I love Galveston. Camped there in 2007 but haven't been back. Such a pretty beach. I didn't know it was dog-friendly, so I'll definitely have to take the dogs there. I see Brad's beach wear is trend-setting, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Brad is quite the GQ man here! And yes, your doggies would love it here!

      Delete