Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday

The day started out warmish, but overcast, so we thought we'd better get out for our beach walk before it started raining.

The shells haven't been as plentiful as last year yet, but I did pick up a couple today.

Budger found one too.

By the time we finished our walk, the clouds had started to clear off, and the rain chances had been pushed back to later this evening, so an afternoon walk is looking good.

**********************************
Yesterday when we were walking, a particular spot on my right foot kept hurting.  When we got back, I saw I had a blister, and it had broken open.  I washed it off well, making sure I got all the sand out of it, and put a bandage on it... I guess my feet aren't quite flip flop ready!  Anyway, today more of the skin had peeled away, so I got some New Skin Liquid Bandage.  WOW!!!  Who knew that stuff had antiseptic in it??!!  Wow!  I wanted to just cut my foot off!  (Okay, Brad warned me, but I thought I was pretty tough).  A one-inch diameter of raw skin is pretty sensitive, though!  So I've got the liquid bandage on, and a waterproof bandage over that.  Here's hoping for a more comfortable walk.

The good news was that, when I went to the store for first aid supplies, there was a lady selling homemade enchiladas at the store, and everything smelled way too amazing not to buy some, so I did.  A dozen for $8.00.  Good thing, because the bad news was that the restaurant where we planned on eating is closed for maintenance.  We're checking out our other options, though.

*************************************

With my foot bandaged up, we set off for the town of Jamaica Beach, which is just down the road from our RV park.

Pretty hibiscus in bloom!
And interesting wildlife wandering in the yards.

We decided to eat at the Blue Water Grill in Jamaica Beach.  We've wanted to go there before, but couldn't seem to catch it when it's open.  Interesting place... Famous for its pizza and burgers, but you order your food, and then go to the convenience store on one side, or the liquor store on the other, to get your drink.
Interesting signs around the place.
This is the burger menu.
Brad had the "I think I'm having a sunstroke" burger...
And I had the "San Luis Bypass" (the road out front is the San Luis Pass).
Both were awesome!  We're going to have to go back and try their pizza.

I guess the local kids decorate the pizza boxes for them.


The bad part is, I guess I've been walking funny on my foot because of this dang blister, and about halfway through our walk tonight, my ankle was killing me.  Unfortunately, halfway through the walk means a long way from home.  So after dinner I hobbled home very slowly, and am now sitting with it propped up, with a heating pad on it (I know, I know... Probably should be ice... But heat always makes me feel better, I swear!), and Brad is getting to enjoy the hot tub/spa.  I would have joined him, because I'm sure that would have felt really good, but that would have meant walking over to it, and I'm done for the night.

A couple of Aleve, and a little rest, and I'm sure I'll be as good as new.













No comments:

Post a Comment