Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Rainy day, cleaning day

It's a pretty warm-ish morning out there... 60's... But drizzling off and on, so Brad, Budger, and I took a quick walk around the park between drizzles, and then Brad and I got busy on some cleaning projects we've been putting off.  I tackled the kitchen cabinets and reorganized them, found things that had fallen to the back during our traveling, pulled out a few things that I've realized we are not going to use (I know they have a book-swap shelf up in the clubhouse here... I'm hoping I can leave a few other things there with a 'free to a good home' tag on them).  We're going to look for a few baskets or something that we can put some things in, to keep them organized a little better when we're rolling, like the ziplock bags and plastic container lids.

Brad's using the drizzle to help clean the outside of the RV...  The windows are all nice and shiny again.

***************************************

We drove into Galveston this afternoon to do a little shopping.  Found some organization solutions, got the groceries, and found a new container for my shells.  The vase I had been using broke a couple of moves ago.  I could've sworn it was plastic, but it obviously was not.  This will work out better, and it is definitely plastic.



The waves are angry today.

We were noticing, as we were driving into town, that everything on the island looks a little more spruced up than it did last year.  New houses are going up, everything has gotten a new coat of paint... It's like everyone has decided things are not going to get washed away again.  We passed a sign for a restaurant that we went to last year, The Waterman Seafood Grill. It's out near us, near Jamaica Beach, not in Galveston proper, so not a real touristy place.  It was really good, and has a pretty view of the bay.  We'll have to go back again this time.  And there's always Nate's West End, which is walking distance from us.  I'm sure we'll end up there a time or two.  For tonight, I picked up some steak to grill out.



No comments:

Post a Comment