Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Finally kayaking


We decided today was the day to finally get the kayaks out.  It seemed a little chilly at first, but it turned out to be a really pleasant morning to explore the canals in Jamaica Beach.
Most of them are really nice and wide.

I love looking at the houses along the canals.  We've seen most of these houses from the roadside, but they look way different from the canal side.

Some of my favorites:
When I saw this one, I was thinking it had a bit of the New Orleans vibe going on, so then it was funny to see they had a Bourbon Street sign hanging above the lower door.
This one was cool, especially the swings right on the edge of the canal.
How fun would this be?
Our goal was to make it out to the bay.
Once we got out there, the water started getting pretty choppy, so we decided the smart thing to do was turn back into the canals.
These houses sure have a nice view!

We also got in a 4 mile walk along the beach, so Budger got his exercise too.

Today was like a second Christmas, almost. I hadn't received my Christmas present from Seth yet.  It arrived at Jordan's after we left, and then Jordan and Abby were gone for awhile, and then they are busy for some reason and don't go by the post office all the time... Anyway, it was worth the wait!
So funny that all of the boys (and Brad too) got me Royals things for Christmas or my birthday.  Smart guys, because they knew no matter what, it would be something I'd love.

The other thing that arrived was the map I ordered to keep track of our RV travels.  It's a scratch-off map.
We've already covered a lot of ground!
This will be fun!

Dinner tonight:

Pork steaks that were marinated all night in my own secret sauce.  Secret, because I don't remember exactly what I did, but it most likely involved some Worcestershire sauce, some BBQ sauce, and some garlic.  

And stir fry veggies, with a sauce made of soy sauce, diced garlic, brown sugar, and a dash of red pepper.

Settling in for a night of American Idol now.  Yeah, we're wild!








No comments:

Post a Comment