Saturday, January 16, 2016

Rainy, windy football Saturday

Not an exciting day at all today... We started out for a walk this morning, trying to beat the rain, but decided the wind and lower temps just didn't make for an enjoyable walk.  So we just dropped the trash off in the container and came back to the RV.  Budger was disappointed... He's happy to walk no matter what the weather!

I decided today was a good day to do my fix-it project... Replacing this little gadget on one of the windows.  

It holds the string tight that makes the shades work right, and this one had been broken for awhile, but I hadn't fixed it because a) it was on a window that we don't open much, and b) I had replaced a couple of other broken ones earlier, but they dont have the side valances like this one does, and that made the project a little trickier.  So I had just put it off.

So I got busy on it.  Getting to the screw to get it out didn't turn out to be the tough part... It was undoing the knot that was still attached to the broken part!  I worked and squinted and pulled at that thing for probably 15 minutes, finally using some pointy tweezers to work out that dang knot!  It would have been simpler to just cut the string, but then it would have been too short to be able to retie it.

So anyway, I got the little plastic piece replaced.

Funny thing... When we saw we had several of these thingies to replace, we didn't know what they were called.  How do you look up something to order, if you don't know what it is called?  So I just typed in "RV shade string holder".  And you know what it turns out they are called?  "Pleated Shade Hold Down" I somehow thought it would have a more technical name.

Just waiting for football to start now.  

Brad is being productive playing his guitar... I'm just busying myself playing Words and Dice.  Gotta do indoor things, because this is our radar right now.  We're at the blue marker.
Lovely view.  Ah well, it can't be beautiful every day, I guess.  I was just saying yesterday that the weather has been so much nicer this year than last year.  Maybe it just seemed that way, because we had about 80 sq ft to live in last year.

Things finally cleared off a bit... Enough to be able to take Budger for a spin around the park, which is a little more than a half mile walk.  And a fairly nice sunset.  You can see the wind is still up, though.
I paid for getting that sunset shot though... Janine the Klutz slipped down the steps, and busted her pride, and has a sore elbow. Jeez!  What a dunce!!  Hopefully, it'll be okay tomorrow.

And the Chiefs couldn't quite pull it out over the Cheaters.... Uhhhh, I mean, the Patriots.  Go, whoever plays them next.  At least we have spaghetti to eat for dinner.






No comments:

Post a Comment