Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Warm Wednesday

I'm so excited!  I found a sand dollar on our walk this morning!  It's so hard to find a whole one here, for some reason... Lots of broken pieces, but almost never a whole one.  I found one last year, too, but it crumbled in my hand right when we got back to the camper.  I made sure this one got back in one piece!


These are our sand hill crane neighbors... We saw them on the other side of the park a couple of days ago.  Today they were in the field next to our RV.

Budger kept all the beach birds out of our way today.

We decided to go downtown this afternoon and wander around.  We strolled through several antique stores, and chatted with some, ummmm.... Interesting people.  One guy started walking with us, and apparently he invented jet fuel, and built Galveston, and I think he went to the moon.  We ducked into a bookstore pretty quickly.

Some of the sights from downtown:

My car!!!!
The Old Quarter Acoustic Cafe, where we hung out one night last year.  We're going to hit it up at least once again this year.
In a store we popped into, Jordan!

Brad thinks I need this shirt:
We wandered down to the ship channel to look for a snack and a drink.
A tall ship you can tour:
We had some calamari and onion strings for a snack at Fisherman's Wharf.
In the restaurant:
Our view:
On the sidewalk outside:
The city is getting ready for Mardi Gras.
We need to hit up the rides on the pier one day.
Rachel!  There's a Ferris wheel!
Gotta love a town that lines its sidewalks with palm trees!

For dinner tonight we're having the tamales I bought from the woman at the store the other day.  I'm a little scared of the hot green sauce she gave me to go with them!

Tonight's sunset from the park.








No comments:

Post a Comment